CLAT 2018 or as popularly referred to as Common Law Admission Test is the foremost law entrance of the country. It is an entrance test designed to examine the aptitude of the student to undertake legal studies. It is a unified national level law entrance exam held for admission to prestigious National Law Universities (NLUs) of India. With the inclusion of Maharashtra National Law University, the number of NLUs has gone up to 18 for CLAT 2018. CLAT is conducted once every year in the month of May. Admission to integrated undergraduate (LLB) and postgraduate(LLM) law courses in NLUs and other Private Law colleges offering the courses is determined on the basis of performance in CLAT.
CLAT 2018 Notification:
A notification has been released regarding COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT 2018) for UG and PG Law courses. This national level examination is conducted every year by the 17 National Law Universities of India on the rotation basis. Chanakya National Law University, Patna is all set to conduct the COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT 2018)on 2nd week of May 2018 and notification will release on 2nd week of December.This article familiarizes the candidate with all the necessary details and notifications about CLAT 2018 &application form.
Important Dates in CLAT 2018
|Notification Release Date||2nd week of December|
|Online Registration Commenced on||1st January 2018|
|Last Date to submit the Application form||31st March 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||3rd week of April 2018|
|Online Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of May 2018|
|Merit List Announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling||1st week of June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2018
Candidates applying for Common Law Admission Test 2018 will be eligible only if they fulfill the following criteria:
For UG Programme:
- If the candidates applying for CLAT and belonging to General category are required to pass 12th with minimum marks of 45%.
- Applicants of CLAT from SC or ST category need to pass 12th with minimum marks of 40%.
- Candidates those awaiting their 12th results can also apply for CLAT.
For PG Programme:
- If the candidates applying for CLAT and belonging to General category must have done LLB(5 year Integrated LLB degree) from a recognized with minimum marks of 55%.
- Applicants of CLAT from SC or ST category must have done LLB (5 year Integrated LLB degree) from a recognized with minimum marks of 50%.
Age Limit for CLAT
Candidates are required to be less than 20 years old as on 1st July 2018 and 02 years age relaxation is given for SC/ ST candidates.
Application Form & Fees for CLAT 2018
Applicants are required to follow below process in CLAT 2018:
- Candidates will be required to apply in online mode only by visiting official website that is https://www.clat.ac.in
- Online application form will be available from 1st week of January 2018
Applicants need to pay registration fees of 4,000/- if they are of General, OBC or PWD (DA) candidates while 3500/- in the case of SC or ST, CLAT 2018 payment has to be made in online mode or e-Challan.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2018
CLAT has been an online test with effect from 2015. CLAT 2018 also will be an online test for both the Undergraduate and Post Graduate entrance exams. It will be a computer based online test of two hours durations for Undergraduate and Post Graduate law entrance. English will be the medium for the entrance. Every correct answer will fetch 1 mark to the candidate while the students have to keep in mind that .25 marks will be deducted from the candidate for every incorrect answer. The online Undergraduate exam will have a total of 200 multiple answers type questions while the Postgraduate entrance it will have a total of 150 multiple answer type questions. Questions left unattended will have zero marks deducted from the candidate. The time duration for the exam is 120 minutes.The details are mentioned below for UG and PG Programme.
|Activity||UG Progrmme||PG Programme|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test||Computer Based Test|
|Medium of Exam||English||English|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Total Marks||200 MCQs||150 MCQs|
|Correct Answer||1 Mark||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||0.25 Marks||0.25 Marks|
CLAT Syllabus 2018
CLAT entrance examination syllabus comprises of three sections as one section of GK and Current Affairs while the second is English section which is consist of Comprehension and Logical reasoning and third is Mathematics. Marking scheme of respective sections has given below.
CLAT Admit Card 2018
The CLAT 2018 admit card will be released by the conducting authority of CLAT 2018 on 3rdweek of April 2018. In addition to this, a valid identity proof(Aadhar Card/Voter ID/ Passport/Driving license) is also needed on the day of the examination.
CLAT Result 2018
The Common Law Admission Test 2018 Result will be released by the conducting authority of CLAT in the month of May 2018.
List of all National Law Universities
- National Law School of India UniversityBangalore
- Nalsar University of Law Hyderabad.
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences Kolkata
- National Law Institute University Bhopal
- National Law University Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University Gandhi Nagar
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University Lucknow.
- Chanakya National Law UniversityPatna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies Kochi
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law Patiala.
- National University of Study and Research in LawRanchi
- National Law University Cuttack
- National Law University and Judicial AcademyGuwahati
- DamodaramSanjivayya National Law University Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law SchoolSrirangam.